A driveway is a private road owned by an individual, a group or company that joins a building or buildings, garages and/or a private park with the public roads. A few factors can be considered while deciding on the best driveways. It may also depend on whether it is going to bear huge traffic through it very often. Diverse types and styles of the driveway may affect the final costs of the installation. This article provides a keen insight of the distinct options for a driveway and what fits best to specific needs.
Consider the Several Types of Driveway:
Driveway types can be distinguished based on the purpose and the raw material used in the construction. Varied materials pose different advantages and disadvantages. Following are the several types of driveway to look upon-
- Asphalt driveways: These are one of the least expensive driveways. Asphalt has good heat preserving and survives the temperature changes well from a day in and out. Usually, they can last for more than 20 years, demands minimal maintenance and resealing and recapping after every 3 years.
- Gravel driveways: These are significantly inexpensive yet the best types that can last a lifetime, with proper maintenance. Although, over the time, loose gravels may come out of the road and promote more dust.
- Concrete driveways: With an average lifespan of 40 years, concrete roads demand relatively limited maintenance. They can be expected to provide heavy duty performance. These are the most preferred type of roads and can be decorative. Oil and tyre marks on such roads, are not easy to go.
- Paver driveways: Concrete pavers come in a wide range of colors and shapes to suit specific needs. They can last up to 20 years with moderate maintenance. Pavers are also considered environment-friendly as they promote the rainwater absorption for the ground. The main disadvantage with pavers is that, over the time, the damaged pieces of pavers require to be replaced, which is expensive and replacement pavers can be difficult to find.
Popular Driveway Ideas for A Beautiful Home
Considering the perfect type of driveway is not enough, along with that you must determine an exceptional design that would blend with the beauty of landscape. Some of the popular designs include:
- Contemporary & Classic Driveway
This is one of the oldest design in which colors such as black, cobalt blue or green are used on driveways so that they complement the color scheme of the house. You can use a stamped effect that will bring both texture and depth to the design, making it appear distinct.
- The Green & Luscious Style
Most of the homeowners believe that driveways are meant to be made of long slab of concrete without any other element. However, the reality is far from that. As now you can incorporate various elements into them that would uplift the natural ambience of the landscape. This can either be eco-friendly ground covers, artificial grass or other interesting patterns that would give a green look and feel to the driveway.
- The Stained Effect
If you are fed up for the dull appearance of the driveways and are looking for ways to amplify its appeal then there cannot be a better option than the stained effect. This design is great if your driveway is aging, as the stains tend to interact with the materials to form mottled designs and vibrant patterns, which can be anything from sparkling blue, neutral hue or striking black to transform the same old driveway effortlessly.