A hammer by definition means a hand tool with a heavy rigid head and a handle used for delivering an impulsive force on a thing or two by striking. As a matter of fact, you get to see different sizes and shapes of hammers for everyday use. For instance, hammers used by blacksmiths are different from the framing hammers. In other words, your necessity defines the types of hammers that you would need use from time to time. It further construes that a single hammer meant for all purposes is a farce.
Since the time immemorial, the evolution of hammers has been taking place all over the world. As such, comparatively light hammers are used for the framing jobs today. People having the experience and expertise of framing jobs would, by and large, agree that too heavy hammers aren’t suitable for framing jobs as those hammers would spoil the delicacy of frames and at the same time, would slow down the pace of work due to fatigue, for instance. We have, therefore, compiled top 5 framing hammers here for your perusal.
- Estwing E-3-22S Framing Hammer: It is a forged head claw hammer with a handle. The non-vinyl deep grip of this hammer is praiseworthy. It is thus suitable for long-hour work. The quality and durability of this hammer are superb as experienced by the real users. Carpenters rely heavily on this hammer for their everyday work. It has a 4.7 rating on some review sites.
- Vaughan 999L Professional Hammer: Among the framing hammers, the uniqueness of this hammer is its superior balance between the steel make head and the hickory (American hardwood tree) handle. It thus reduces fatigue of its users. With its magnetic nail holding capacity, this hammer scores 4.6-star rating.
- Stanley 51-167, Rip Claw Framing Hammer: This hammer has been made using anti-vibe technology. Thus, the vibration at its handle in use is much less. Therefore, hammering jobs with it for long hours are congenial. It is a single piece hammer with its forged head and rubber handle. It has a 4.5-star rating.
- Stiletto TB15MS Titanium Hammer: With a silvery look, titanium (a low density but high strength and silver colour transition metal) head, a long handle, magnetic nail start feature, and a patented torsion, this hammer is very convenient to use. It scores 4.5-star rating.
- Dalluge-7180 16 Ounce Titanium Hammer: It is made of titanium and hickory. It is a lightweight and silver colour claw hammer that lasts long and it is very useful to carpenters. It has a 4-star rating.
However, there is no unanimous choice on the best five framing hammers on a worldwide basis. Having said that, we mean, you may have a preference on a hammer or two for the framing jobs. After all, one’s association with a hammer makes it the best tool for the purpose. Meet any guy in your niche market who does the framing job, he would by default say his hammer as the best hammer irrespective of its brand name. As they say, a good workman never blames his tools.