It does not make you wise alone; it further makes you seem like an expert too. If you anyhow deal into commercial roller doors, or any other garage door type, knowing about the parts come vital. This wisdom comes handy when things go wrong and you need to search about the issues. Thus we put here a brief preface to the parts you see around but stay oblivious to.
Garage doors: An anatomy.
Let’s help you be aware of the basic garage door terms.
- Panels:These are the sections that make up a complete sectional door. These panels get attached to each other using hinges. Make sure you lubricate them time to avoid those creepy squeaks.
- Hinges: These are the parts that keep two sections of a sectional garage door together. Hinges are also used in Side Hinged Garage Doors Melbourne.
- Roller Garage Doors:These are the doors that use a strong foldable ribbed or corrugated sheet of metal. This sheet rolls up like a paper on the top using a torsion spring.
- Torsion Spring:Used in commercial roller doors at the top. This highly tensioned thing holds the roller doors from falling down due to their own weight. These are the springs that help you leave high quality doors anywhere in the middle.
- ExtensionSpring: Also known as stretch spring, this type of spring is used in sectional garage doors. These springs are suspended on the door tracks along the ceiling so that they pull back the sectional or panel Garage Doors up against the ceiling.
- Door Tracks: These are the tracks that guide the garage doors along a path. In case of sectional doors, these tracks lay themselves up on the ceiling where the door gets settled when opened. Tracks are also present on both side of the doors. Tracks are also called rails.
- Weather Strips: These are the strips that help you seal off the door. Weather-stripping helps in keeping the garage safe from dust, sound, or weather. They should be frequently checked for any wear & tear and should be replaced.
- Door Opener: They come in many forms and help the door open. This is that same operator that you mount on the top that helps you pull the door automatically. With advancing technology, these operators now come with Wi-Fi and remote control enabled. The main part is called operator or opener. This operator uses a belt or chain to pull up the door.
- Belt or Chain: It is simply a long piece of equipment that the motor uses to pull up the door. Commercial roller doors use heavy operators due to the heavy weight of doors used.
- Sensors: The sheer gift of technology. When you drive your vehicle near and the doors open up, these are the sensors. When an obstruction stops the door from closing and the door lifts up, these are the sensors. Sensors also help in anti-lifting when burglars try to deprive you of your happiness.
- Rollers: These are those wheels that help doors slide easily along the track or rail.
- Pull Rope: It is a safety mechanism that helps disengaging the motor from the trolley. It helps you close the door manually.
Now you know the basic parts of the doors you see in your everyday life, you can now easily call the mechanic and tell him where the issue at. There are more terms that you should leave for those mechanics. These terms are their bread and butter and help them show their expertise. Few terms also emerge around the aesthetics, like types of panels, colors, patterns, or indentations. If you are looking for commercial roller doors (Melbourne), or for residential purposes, make sure you plan it well.